Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Try the grey stuff, its delicious- don't believe me? Ask the dishes! 

Recently I have been on a cupcake kick and my family have been the guinea pigs of this experiment.  At times I've felt sorry for them to have to try a recipe gone horribly wrong.... But this time I've come up with a recipe that I think I really like! 

I started out with a basic white velvet cupcake recipe, then spooned frozen balls of cookie dough on top of each cup of batter before placing it into the oven. I also sprinkled mini chocolate chip cookies around each cookie dough ball.... When the cookies came out, the dough inside the cupcakes tasted like refrigerated cookie dough!  
For the icing, I mixed cookie dough with store bought vanilla icing, and piped the dough/icing mixture with a pastry bag.  These are (weirdly) best served chilled, and you'll need to keep them in the refrigerator due to the raw cookie dough.  

                                         The end result: 

No comments:

Post a Comment