Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Oh Ye of Little Faith...

you of little faith

It is amazing how God works.  One day a few weeks ago, I was stressing about not having a camera for the trip, and being a journalist, I really want to take tons of pictures and videos to show others when I get back.  I thought about how amazing it would be to have a GoPro for the trip, however, these cameras are pretty expensive and there's no way I'd be able to buy one right now. The thought crossed my mind to ask for one for Christmas or my birthday, but I didn't want to ask for something so extravagant.  I realized my dad had a point and shoot Canon, and was excited when he agreed to loan it to me.  However, one look at the screen told me it was broken.  I was back to obsessing over GoPros and spent the majority of my day researching and trying to find a cheap(er) one online... when I decided to take a break and run a few errands.  The first person I see when I step outside is my (very nice) neighbor, Dave, who is out walking his dog, Bluto.  The first thing he says to me- without me even mentioning cameras or Haiti- is, "Oh, I've been meaning to ask you, do you want to borrow my GoPro for Haiti?" 

WHAT?!?!?! Can you believe it? Not only do I have a camera for Haiti, I have the exact camera I'd been wishing for.  Not only that, Dave is also loaning me a point and shoot camera for still shots.  Now I am obligated to use this blessing to help the cause of the orphan and to come back with some nice photos and videos! Beyond blessed to have this opportunity. 

I'm reminded of one of the miracles of Jesus, the coin in the fish's mouth (Matthew 17:24-27) when Jesus surprises Peter by providing the exact amount of money he needed for his taxes in a fish that Peter catches.  Katie Davis talks about this in her book, Kisses from Katie: "The funniest thing about this story to me is that Jesus could have just handed Peter the money... but Jesus wanted to come through bigger than that for Peter. I believe that He delighted in Peter so much that He wanted to put this element of surprise and hilarity in his day." 

Isn't our God neat?? It's really neat, I think, to see this fun side of God that delights in surprising us, and who provides for us in unexpected ways. 

Matthew 14:31: Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?" 

(more to come about how the trip came together!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment